Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Preperations

A couple of months out from leaving Australia to tour the US with Assemblage 23.

There is much to do between now and then, backing tracks, album artwork, Tshirts, backing video etc etc. Seems like my head is full of ideas and the urge to get it all done as quickly as possible. I panic easily. And as much as I have had alot of time to get it together, it's always my way to be running to the finish line in the time leading up to.

The backing tracks are fun to put together. Ive collected about 16 tracks in total to shuffle around night to night..... keeping things interesting for me....each set will have 9 tracks, so i have a few extra I can put in here and there....Preparing the tracks themselves is alot of work. But I'm enjoying freshening up sounds and having things sound as good as possible. Putting together new intros too is a bit of fun. I'm giving things a "clubbier" flavor, especially intros and outros. I think my recent hand at DJing progressive house has played a big influence on this.

I do like how genres of music influence each other. My marriage of Industrial sounds with house basses and beats has been a fun ride. I started more on the harder house sound then moved down a few notches to find more groove. I do like groove. :-) And I find percussion a great way to make a rhythm section really groove. That whole push/pull feeling can be wonderful in club music.

Today the promotional pics are finished, so ill be sending them out to clubs etc shortly...

A big thanks to my good friend Bert Murphy for the photography. You ROCK !






No comments:

Post a Comment